The key specifications of the current prototype Solartanic are:
- Length: 22 feet
- Beam: 4 ft, 5 in
- Weight: 900 lbs (empty)
1900 lbs (full load)
- Passengers: 2 people in "replica mode"
6 people with top up
- Power: two 54 lb thrust, 24 volt
(approx 1.5 HP max)
- Speed: 4 MPH (cruise) @ 20 amp draw
5 MPH (max) @ 45 amp draw
- Battery: currently four marine deep
(approx 100 Amp Hours @ 24 volts)
There is room to at least double the battery capacity.
- Range: Approx
15-20 miles @ cruising speed
- Construction: Prototype used
"Stitch and Glue" construction with 3/8th
inch marine grade plywood. Any production boat is likely
to use a more hydrodynamic molded hull.